The Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership Program (Ed.D.) seeks applicants with academic degrees, work experience, communication skills, and leadership potential to meet the challenges and rigor of doctoral studies.
Admission to the program is made by committee and each application is reviewed to ensure that applicants meet the admission requirements and show potential to complete the doctoral program. Interviews may be conducted with applicants and/or those who recommend them.
The following section will guide you through the application process.
- Complete and Submit the Online Application Form and submit the $75 application fee. You are strongly encouraged to apply early to the program to ensure your application will be processed as quickly as possible.
- Complete your Curriculum Vitae/Resume including all education and professional experience.
- Send your Official Sealed Transcripts. You must submit official transcripts from all college and/or universities attended, including any post-secondary education. These can be submitted directly from the schools attended or by you but must be official sealed transcripts.
- Send Two Letters of Recommendation. The letters should come from professors, supervisors, and colleagues who can provide insight into your academic ability to succeed in doctoral-level work and information about your experiences and contributions in the workplace. The recommender’s name email, and area code and phone must be included in the letter.
- Applicants will be asked to submit a Statement of Professional Goals.
Submitting Your Application
Submit the application online and send all completed admissions documents to:
University of La Verne
1950 3rd Street, La Verne, CA 91750
We will notify you via e-mail if additional information or materials are needed to complete our evaluation. Please be sure you provide a valid e-mail address and phone number.
- Completed application and application fee
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
- Leadership Experience and Potential
- Applicant must have at least 5 years of work experience;
- Preferred at least 1 year in leadership/management level position
- Personal statement addressing the following:
- why applicant is interested in pursuing an EdD in Organizational Leadership;
- how they see their leadership potential with regard to being a scholar/practitioner; and
- explain how work and leadership experience provide a context for understanding of advanced applications of leadership;
- explain where they have the current opportunities to apply theory to leadership practice within an organization (1,500 word limit)
- Two letters of recommendation addressing the candidate’s academic capability to complete a doctoral program
- Official transcripts showing completion of undergraduate and graduate degrees from regionally accredited colleges and universities (min 2.75 undergrad and 3.0 graduate GPA)