Here are answers to questions that might come up as you think about joining our program.
- Question How many years to the program?
Three (3) years of coursework, plus the dissertation.
- Question How long does it usually take to finish the dissertation?
About 70% of the students do their dissertation in year 3.
- Question What percent finish the program?
More than 80% finish the coursework and of these more than 75% finish their dissertation and receive their degrees.
- Question May I transfer credit from another university?
Only in statistics and research upon verification of content; otherwise no.
- Question What if I have a life credential? Will you waive units then?
- Question How many units do I take each semester?
Generally, nine (9) semester hours.
- Question When do semesters start? Can I start in any semester?
Fall semester starts in August and ends in late December. Spring semester starts in early February and ends in June. You may enter in the Fall for the full program.
- Question Do I have to come to classes on campus?
No and yes. During the semester you regularly meet with your Learning Group in strategically located areas. There are four weekend Practicums held in La Verne. There are five additional days on campus in July and January as part of the research sequence.
- Question Where do the Learning Groups meet?
The current Learning Group meetings are held in Irvine, San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Riverside, Foothill, La Verne, Santa Clarita, and online.
- Question What are the University contact numbers?