- Completed Admission Application and application fee.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a preferred GPA of 2.75 or above in undergraduate work and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above in any graduate work.
- A Statement of purpose. Write a statement of purpose addressing the following points: your reasons for entering the teaching profession, any personal or professional experiences and/or qualifications related to your intended field of study, and your perspectives on the relevance and role of cultural competence in teaching. Your statement should be approximately 500-words in length and typewritten.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals qualified to objectively evaluate the candidate's potential to be a competent educator. Letters must be from individuals who can knowledgeably comment on academic skills, employment/volunteer experience, leadership potential, and professional abilities.
- Basic Skills Requirement (CBEST or Equivalent).
- Current TB Clearance.
- Current Certificate of Clearance.
Additional Requirements for the Bilingual Authorization
- Interview with Chair of BILA program
- SOLOM - Oral language assessment in Spanish
- Statement of Purpose written in Spanish
- Reading assessment in Spanish
Program Requirements: optional, if available at the time of admissions.
The following items are program requirements and may be submitted at the time of admission:
- CSET or proof of completion of Subject Matter Requirement (required prior to student teaching)
- RICA (multiple subject) (Required for Preliminary credential)