- The Site Supervisor Handbook provides information for the Site Supervisor. The handbook is designed to orient the site-supervisor to the supervisory role, it includes university requirements, planning for supervision, best practices, and the California Commission for Teacher Credentialing standards for PPS-School Counseling credentials.
- Please complete the Site-Supervisor Evaluation of the School Counselor Trainee and provide the school counselor trainee with the End of Survey completion page for inclusion in their fieldwork packet.
Student Resources: PPS 583 A/B/C
Steps for obtaining a placement and documenting the fieldwork experience. The Fieldwork Handbook and course syllabus provided by the university faculty supervisor contain additional, detailed information.
- Submit an Application for Fieldwork Placement based on the Educational Counseling preferred sites handout for your area and in alignment with your professional goals.
- Submit a copy of your school counselor liability insurance policy to your fieldwork instructor before starting work at your approved site. Insurance must cover the entire time period you will be at your site.
- Complete a Fieldwork Site Agreement and turn it in to your University Faculty Supervisor before starting fieldwork at the approved site.
- Complete Fieldwork Objectives for your approved site and submit them to your University Faculty Supervisor no more than two (2) weeks after starting at your approved site.
- Complete Weekly Activity Logs.
- Obtain a Verification of Hours Letter on site letterhead stationery.
- Complete a Student Evaluation of the Site Supervisor and include an End of Survey completion page in the fieldwork packet.
- Finalize your paperwork and submit it for course credit no more than two (2) weeks after finishing your hours.
University Faculty Supervisor Resources
Please complete the University Faculty Supervisor Evaluation of the School Counselor Trainee and provide the school counselor trainee with the End of Survey completion page for inclusion in their fieldwork packet.